Rigatoni with Broccoli and Anchovies
All ingredients are available in the market.
6 cups Small Broccoli Florets
1 lb Rigatoni
3 ea Flat Anchovy Filets
2 ea Garlic Cloves
1 1/2 tbsp Capers, Rinsed
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook broccoli until tender, about 6 minutes.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to a large bowl.
4. Return water to a boil.
5. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
6. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the anchovies, garlic and capers together.
7. Add to the bowl with broccoli.
8. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
9. Add the broccoli mixture and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
10. Reserving ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid, drain the pasta.
11. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
12. Add broccoli mixture, reserved pasta cooking liquid, remaining 1 tbsp of oil and parsley.
13. Toss to combine.
14. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately with cheese on top.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2012 Issue