Lemon and Herb Marinated Chicken Skewers
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 3/4 lb Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus more for Drizzling
1 1/2 lbs Asparagus, Trimmed
1/2 cup Dry White Wine
1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped
1 tbsp Thyme Leaves, Finely Chopped
1 1/2 tbsp Rosemary, Finely Chopped
Zest of 1 Lemon
Fine Sea Salt
8 ea Wooden Skewers, Soaked in water for 30 minutes
Method of Preparation
1. Carefully cut the chicken lengthwise into 1/3inch thick strips.
2. In a bowl, combine the chicken, oil, parsley, rosemary, thyme and zest.
3. Stir well to combine.
4. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F with the rack in the middle.
6. Arrange the marinated chicken strips on a large platter in a single later.
7. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
8. Roll the strips up lengthwise and thread onto the skewers.
9. Heat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
10. Grill the skewers for 2 minutes per side.
11. Transfer to a 9x13inch baking dish.
12. Pour the wine over the skewers.
13. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
14. Meanwhile, grill the asparagus for 8 minutes.
15. Turn occasionally and season with salt.
16. Transfer the asparagus to a serving plate and drizzle with oil.
17. Serve the chicken warm with pan juices and the asparagus.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, May/June 2013 Issue