Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Dijon Style Mustard
2 ea Egg Yolks
Method of Preparation
1. To ensure success, make sure the utensils you use are warm and that all ingredients are at room temperature.
2. Combine the oils in a small measuring cup.
3. Put egg yolks into a blender and beat lightly.
4. Add 3 tbsp of the oils.
5. Blend on a high speed for about 10 seconds.
6. With the blender still running, add the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream.
7. When all of the oil is added, use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the blender.
8. Add the lemon juice and the mustard.
9. Start the blender again to combine thoroughly.
10. Use immediately or cover and chill.
11. Will keep for at least one week in the refrigerator.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue