Herb Roasted Leg of Lamb
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Leg of Lamb (5 to 6 lbs)
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
8 ea Garlic Cloves (2 cloves sliced into 8 pieces and 6 cloves minced)
3 tbsp Dried Rosemary
1 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, Each
Method of Preparation
1. Ask the butcher to remove as much fat as possible from the lamb and to remove the skin.
2. With a small, sharp knife, cut 8 slices into the lamb.
3. Put a thin slice of garlic into each slit.
4. Put the minced garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper into a food processor.
5. Pulse while slowly adding 1/2 a cup of oil, a tbsp. at a time.
6. Spread the paste that forms all over the lamb, making sure to rub it in well.
7. Refrigerate the lamb overnight or allow to sit at room temperature for a few hours.
8. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
9. Roast the lamb for 1 hour for rare to 1 1/2 hours for medium rare.
10. Baste with the remaining oil 3 to 4 times during cooking.
11. Once don’t cooking, allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue