Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 oz Semisweet Dark Chocolate Chips
1 cup Hazelnuts, Toasted
9 tbsp Butter
5 ea Eggs, Separated
1 cup Sugar, Divided
2 tbsp Dark Rum
Powdered Sugar, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9inch cake pan with cooking spray.
3. Line the bottom with waxed paper and spray the paper on top side too.
4. Set aside.
5. In a food processor, combine the nuts and 1 tbsp of the sugar.
6. Process until “flour like”.
7. In the top of a double broiler, combine butter, remaining sugar and the dark chocolate chips.
8. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth.
9. Let cool.
10. When cool, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
11. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
12. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
13. Bake for 45 minutes.
14. Cool on a rack and remove from pan.
15. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue