Cremini Mushroom Salad
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Cremini Mushrooms, Only bottom portion of stem removed, Not entire stem
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, Divided
2 ea Bell Peppers, Roasted, Peeled and Diced
3 tbsp Raisins
1/3 cup Basil, Finely Sliced
1/4 cup Italian Parsley, Finely Sliced
1/4 cup Pine Nuts, Toasted
1 lb Assorted Italian Salumi (such as Prosciutto, Mortadella or Sopressata), thinly Sliced
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a bowl, combine the mushrooms with 1/4 cup of the lemon juice and toss well.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, remaining lemon juice, salt, pepper, basil, raisin and bell peppers.
4. Let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Arrange several slices of salami to cover most of the bottom of 6 individual plates.
6. Arrange a mound of the mushroom mixture in the center of the plate, on top of the salami.
7. Spoon the dressing over everything.
8. Top with parsley and toasted pine nuts.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue