Chocolate Amaretti Cake
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
• 3/4 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
• 2/3 cup Sugar
• 2 tsp Orange Zest
• 1 cup Slivered Almonds
• 1 cup Baby Amaretti Cookies
• 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, (1 stick) at Room Temperature
• 4 ea Eggs
• 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, for Sifting over top
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9in spring form pan with nonstick spray and refrigerate.
3. In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In a food processor, combine almonds and cookies and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Add butter, sugar and orange zest to processor and blend until creamy.
6. With machine running, add eggs one at a time.
7. Add nut mixture and melted chocolate and pulse until blended.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 35 minutes, until center puffs and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
11. Transfer to a platter, sift cocoa powder over top and serve.
Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes by Giada De Laurentiis