Chicken Piccata Video
Cooking With Chef Patrick
Chef Patrick walks you through how easy it is to make delicious Chicken Piccata.
- 2 ea Chicken Breast, Butterflied then split in two
- 4 ea Lemon Slices, Sliced in wheels about 1/8in thick
- 1 jar Capers, Drained
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Wine, Cook with Wine that you will drink
- 1 cup Chicken Stock, Use no/low sodium stock, We recommend homemade stock
- 1/2 cup Irish Butter, Diced
- 2 tbsp Shallots, Minced
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Or Simply Substitute Antonio’s Jarred Piccata Sauce And Skip All Ingredients Except The Chicken
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Season both sides of each piece of chicken breast with salt and pepper and sear on the first side until golden brown.
3. Flip the chicken and sauté for one minute. Remove from the pan and set the chicken aside.
4. Or Deglaze The Pan, Add Antonio’s Piccata Sauce And Go To Step 7 And Then Plate The Food
5. Add the shallots to the pan and sauté for one minute.
6. Add the capers and lemon wheels. Sauté for an additional minute.
7. Deglaze the pan with the wine.
8. Bring the heat to high, add the chicken back to the pan and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
9. Once the sauce is boiling, add the butter and let boil until the butter has emulsified with the wine and stock.
10. Plate the chicken over your favorite pasta and pour the sauce over top.