Cherry and Pine Nut Tart
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1 cup Whipped Cream
1/2 cup Butter, Room Temperature
3 ea Egg Yolks
1 ea Egg White
1/2 cup Cherry Jam
1 cup plus 2 tbsp Almonds, Ground
1 cup plus 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
1 ea Prepared Pie Crust
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy and pale.
3. Add one yolk at a time with some of the ground almonds until all is incorporated.
4. Add the egg whites and mix until well blended. Remove the bowl.
5. Put the pine nuts in a small skillet and toast over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Continuously stir the pine nuts to keep them from burning.
7. Fold the pine nuts into the mixture.
8. Fit the pastry dough into a 9inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
9. Spread the jam on the bottom of the pastry.
10. Spoon the butter and nut mixture into the tart pan.
11. Bake for 30 minutes.
12. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the sides of the tart pan.
13. Serve with whipped cream.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue