Basil Pesto Pasta With Roasted Pine Nuts
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- 4 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 Jar Stonewall kitchen pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 ounces pine nuts
Method of Preparation
- Boil Pasta according to instructions. Al Dente works the best.
- Toast the pine nuts in oven at 350 on a sheet pan with a splash of olive oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add 2 cups Parmesan cheese, Stonewall Pesto Sauce and 1/2-package pine nuts in food processor.
- Slowly pour the olive oil while blending all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Toast the remaining pine nuts in a splash of olive oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Drain pasta.
- Stir in the cheese/basil mixture.
- Blend in the remaining 2 cups Parmesan and the toasted pine nuts.
- Serve Warm or Cold